Venaseal Procedure and Removal of Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are a common problem that affects millions of people worldwide. These veins appear as swollen, twisted, and discolored veins that are usually visible on the legs and feet. They are caused by blood that pools in the veins, which results in a loss of elasticity and the veins becoming enlarged. Varicose veins can be painful and uncomfortable, and they can also lead to serious medical problems if left untreated.
What is Venaseal Procedure?
The Venaseal procedure is a minimally invasive treatment for varicose veins that involves using a medical adhesive to close the affected vein. The adhesive is delivered through a small catheter that is inserted into the vein through a tiny incision in the skin. Once the adhesive is in place, it seals the vein shut, redirecting blood flow to healthier veins in the leg.
The Venaseal procedure is performed under local anesthesia and typically takes less than an hour to complete. Patients can typically return to normal activities immediately after the procedure, with little to no downtime required.
Benefits of a Venaseal Procedure
There are many benefits to having a Venaseal procedure for varicose veins, including:
- Minimally Invasive: The Venaseal procedure is a minimally invasive treatment option that involves a small incision and uses a medical adhesive to close the affected vein. Compared to traditional vein surgery, the Venaseal procedure is less painful and requires less recovery time.
- Quick and Convenient: The procedure takes less than an hour to complete and requires little to no downtime, allowing patients to return to their normal activities almost immediately after the procedure.
- No Compression Stockings: Unlike other treatment options for varicose veins, such as laser or radiofrequency ablation, the Venaseal procedure does not require the use of compression stockings after treatment.
- Highly Effective: Studies have shown that the Venaseal procedure has a high success rate of over 90%, with minimal risk of recurrence.
- Minimal Side Effects: The procedure does not involve the use of heat or lasers, reducing the risk of nerve damage or other complications. Additionally, because the adhesive used in the procedure is biocompatible and does not require anesthesia, the risk of allergic reactions or other adverse effects is low.
Vein Treatment Clinic of Tulsa wants to get better and more confident today! Our team wants to find the best treatment plan for you and your goals. Give us a call at 918.398.8900 to schedule a consultation today!